Preservation chemicals for pulp and paper process additives
Buckman offers unique and proprietary aqueous solutions to provide cost-effective microbiological control and preservation of process additives such as filler slurries, pigments, coating, and machine wet end functional chemicals for use in pulp and paper mills.
Comprehensive product line including:
- Traditional organic biocides and preservatives
- Enzyme-based technology
Coordinated approach using our best products for each application, while designing a complete value-driven package to address:
- Specific system requirements
- Specific quality requirements for pigments, coating and filler slurries related to pH, color, viscosity
- Product stewardship, health & safety
Monitoring and Control Strategy
Monitoring of the chemical program(s) is completed using a variety of methods and/or combinations.
- Microbiological enumeration: plate counts, dip slides
- ATP and ORP monitoring
- Visual inspection of treated systems and storage
- On-site microscopy analysis
- Detailed laboratory deposit analysis
Control strategy is based on a clear understanding of customer requirements and measurements, allowing service representatives to make necessary adjustments to programs using monitoring data/information as a guide.
- Reduce or eliminate spoiled slurries additives
- Reduce off-quality paper product due to microbiological deposits and holes
- Improve runnability of process
- Improve performance of additives, pigments, and wet end functional chemistries
- Increase length of time between system and storage cleaning