Buckman offers paper packaging manufacturers specialty chemicals such as enzymatic fiber refining to help improve strength and reduce basis weight of your recycled packaging.
In this competitive world of packaging papers, it’s not enough to make a stronger paper; you’ve got to have a stronger operation too. Buckman has a comprehensive line of products and expertise designed to optimize the strength and quality of your board while also simplifying logistics, saving energy and reducing your carbon footprint.
Reduced fiber usage or reduced basis-weight through increased strength properties and calcium and starch stabilization are benefits of some of our technologies.
Some of the other solutions Buckman provides include:
- Improved sizing, retention, drainage and formation (RDF) chemistry to reduce total production cost
- Reduced steam consumption through wet end management and fabric management programs
- Production aids developed specifically for recycled packaging
- Use of enzymatic chemistry for deposit control, stickies control, strength development, drainage, and more
- Calcium carbonate and starch stabilization
- Increased water reuse through better fiber and water management
- Stabilizing the wet end to improve strength, runnability, and recycled fiber yield
- Improved machine cleanliness using the latest microbicide technology
- Many other unique programs to meet your production, quality, sustainability, and environmental needs
Maximyze® Enzymatic Fiber Modification
Third Generation Maximyze helps recycled packaging mills improve drainage, machine speed and plybond strength while reducing costs and improving sustainability.LEARN MORE
Precision® Production Aids for Recycled Packaging
From more effective strength and drainage aids to products that improve microfloc formation and retention, Buckman provides the precision you need to succeed.LEARN MORE
Reinforce Productivity Management
Reinforce is a holistic approach to recycled packaging that includes advanced technologies that enable wet end chemistries to work better. Read more about this three-pronged approach to strength management.LEARN MORE