Improve tissue softness without giving up tensile strength with on-machine softeners from Buckman’s chemicals portfolio.
There’s nothing soft about the market for softer tissue. Customers are clamoring for it. And they want it for a competitive price. Unfortunately, lotionizing is expensive. And conventional chemical softeners can cause significant loss of tensile strength and negatively impact the Yankee coating. Buckman has a better way. Our newest on-machine softening technologies can enable mid-market and low-cost tissue producers to meet both the softness requirements and price points customers want without sacrificing tissue strength. You’ll get higher perceived value, a better-performing product, and a new opportunity to build both sales and profit.
Buckman’s on-machine softening applications for tissue include wet end lotions and spray-on softeners that are easy to apply and offer improved softness without the drawbacks of debonding chemistries, which only improve handfeel at the expense of strength.
Comprehensive solution provider including:
- Base sheet design optimization with customer
- Design and supply of automatic dosing systems and spray booms.
- Wet end debonders for tensile control
- Wet end lotions for increased tissue softness without tensile reduction
- Spray on products for improved surface feel
Capable of providing a full range of services to optimize performance of softeners and debonders including:
- Softness/hand feel improvement
- Minimizing or maximizing tensile impact as needed
- Ensuring a synergistic performance with the Yankee coating chemistry
- Satisfying all current ECO Label requirements for tissue.