Increase recycled fiber substitution and reduce downtime and off-quality products with award-winning enzymatic stickies control chemicals for pulp and paper
Use of Buckman’s USEPA award-winning Optimyze® stickies control products can reduce downtime and off-quality products and increase recycled fiber substitution in pulp and paper mills.
Optimyze technology uses unique and proprietary aqueous solutions of enzymes, surfactants, dispersants, and passivators that break down stickies into water-soluble particles to prevent deposition on the machine clothing.
Buckman specialists work on-site to conduct necessary process surveys to ensure appropriate process conditions (retention time, pH, temperature, etc.) exist for the successful application of the products, and determine the most cost-effective application points. Application equipment is very straightforward, generally consisting of a pump and metering equipment.
Monitoring and Control Strategy
Stickies control chemistries give the papermaker many opportunities to improve overall equipment efficiency and reduce the total cost of operation by:
- Reducing downtime for cleaning
- Reducing off-quality product due to stickies
- Increasing length of time between solvent or other batch cleaning
- Reducing chemical costs for other cleaning chemistries
- Increasing post-consumer fiber substitution or other highly contaminated furnishes