A powerful microbicide for pulp and paper mill influent water treatment that is not affected by organic demand and reduces bleach usage by an average of 66%
Oxamine® is a powerful microbicide.
Oxamine is a powerful microbicide that is highly effective against a broad range of microorganisms. Unlike conventional treatment chemistries, Oxamine for influent:
- is a unique chemistry
- is not affected by organic demand
- reduces bleach usage by an average of 66%
- doesn’t cause corrosion (when used as directed) like bleach, chlorine gas, chlorine dioxide and sodium bromide
- doesn’t impact the efficacy of other chemicals such as raw water clarification chemistries
- has shown improvement in paper machine runnability
Oxamine is a greener chemistry.
Oxamine is environmentally friendly, degrading into nontoxic minerals and producing no detectable AOX. Yet, it is more cost-effective than virtually any other oxidizing or nonoxidizing biocide. You can rely on Oxamine for:
- stability over a wider pH range than chlorine and bromine
- long-lasting residual effectiveness
- fully traceable active chemistry
- low oxidation potential
- degradation to nontoxic minerals
- no formation of organic by-products
Oxamine fully automated feed technology comes with safety features.
To ensure safe handling and effectiveness, the Oxamine solution is fed into the influent system using Buckman’s custom-designed chemical feed skid under the supervision of our trained representatives. Our self-contained feed technology offers:
- consistent delivery—optimum mixing and feed control for high stability and guaranteed microbial control
- no capital investment— Buckman owns and maintains all application equipment
- automated alarms and a leak-proof, anti-flood design
- feedback control to a total chlorine target